Adobe is pleased to announce the winners of the 13th annual Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA). During a ceremony held earlier this evening at Hotel Affinia Manhattan, eleven students were named the 2013 Category Winners out of which three students were named the 2013 Grand Prize Media Segment Winners. The event was hosted in collaboration with Icograda (International Council of Communication Design), with Willy Wong – a 2002 ADAA winner who is now the Chief Creative Officer for NYC&Co and AIGA NY President – serving as the masters of ceremonies.
Adobe and Icograda partnered for the fifth consecutive year to attract submissions from the Icograda Education Network and select an international judging panel of experts in design, art and technology. Student graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, animators, digital filmmakers and computer artists were invited to submit individual or group projects created with Adobe tools. Over 3,750 projects representing 55 countries were submitted and ultimately narrowed to a pool of 30 finalists in early October.
Student winners were recognized in 11 categories encompassing interactive media, video and motion, and traditional media. Winning entries were chosen due to their high level of originality, effectiveness in meeting the communication objective and skill in applying Adobe products. View the 2013 judges’ commentary here: http://vimeo.com/77508110
Interactive Experience Media Segment
- Grand Prize Winner / Information Design: Yael Cohen, Shenkar College of Engineering and Design, Israel
- Game Art and Design: Sanghee Chu, Hongik University, South Korea
- Installation Design: Marc Nonnenmacher, Fachhochschule Würzburg-Schweinfurt, Germany
- Digital Publishing: Katarina Batina, University of Washington, United States
Motion and Video Media Segment
- Grand Prize Winner / Animation: Simon Wilches-Castro, University of Southern California, United States
- Editing and Post Production: Alexander Heringer, Stuttgart Media University, Germany
- Motion Graphics: Dani Wolf, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Israel
Traditional Media Segment
- Grand Prize Winner / Illustration: Min Gyo Chung, OCAD University, Canada
- Packaging: Vivi Feng, Pratt Institute, United Sates
- Photography: Brian Biles, Savannah College of Art and Design, United States
- Print Communications: Benjamin Lee, Art Center College of Design, United States
Individual student category winners – and the leader from each winning group submission – received a US$2,000 cash prize and a 24-month membership for Adobe Creative Cloud. Individual winners and group leads also received a one-year mentorship with an Icograda design leader and an appointment to an Icograda Youth Advisory Panel. Each team member received a 12-month Adobe Creative Cloud membership. Grand Prize Media Segment winners received all of the above and an additional US$3,000, for a total US$ 5,000 cash prize.
All winners, finalists and honorable mentions from 2013 can be viewed at the ADAA Gallery, along with entries from prior years.