Adobe Previews Next Generation of Highly Customizable, Eclipse-Based IDE for ColdFusion Developers
SAN JOSE, Calif. — March 3, 2011 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the availability of Adobe® ColdFusion® Builder™ 2 software for public beta, enabling ColdFusion developers worldwide to test the new features and functionality that will be made available in the final release of ColdFusion Builder 2. Using ColdFusion Builder 2 beta, users can develop, test, and deploy applications in less time, customize their work environment to improve workflow, and expand functionality with extensions built with CFML. When combined with Adobe ColdFusion® 9 and the Adobe Flash® Platform, developers can utilize a comprehensive set of tools, services and runtimes, for creating rich Internet applications.
Faster Development with Customized Functionality
ColdFusion Builder is an Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE) used for rapidly developing ColdFusion applications. The new beta release provides professional coding tools, server management, testing tools, and new deployment capabilities, enabling developers to quickly and easily move from development to production with less code and fewer errors. It also allows developers to create a start page for their applications and customize keyboard shortcuts, color coding, code formatting and code snippets, speeding up the development process. Developers can use CFML to increase the functionality of ColdFusion Builder 2 beta, creating extensions to generate applications, insert blocks of code, and expand code assist with customized code proposals.
Anup Murarka, Director of Product Marketing, Adobe
- “The ColdFusion Builder 2 beta enables users to take control of their development environment. With this release we’ve introduced new functionality that significantly speeds the development of applications and accelerates projects, saving time and money.”
Brian Klaas, Senior Web Systems Developer, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Center for Teaching and Learning with Technology
- “The expanded capabilities of extensions in Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2 allow us to easily create custom extensions to the ColdFusion Builder workspace. The ability to create a new view in Eclipse with a single line of code in a ColdFusion Builder extension is a stroke of genius and opens up all sorts of possibilities for our development work.”
Dave Brioux, Chief Executive Officer, ForInsite
- “Overall, the wealth of new features in Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2, including the professional coding and testing tools, significantly advance coding practices – helping me code at least 35 percent faster and accelerate product development to save time and money.”
ColdFusion Builder 2 Beta includes:
- Smart tab assist – Quickly navigate to the next logical tag, function, or control statement within your code using keyboard shortcuts.
- Quick fix – Speed up development by accessing methods within a CFC that have not yet been created, and request that ColdFusion Builder automatically generate the method outline.
- Integrated task management – Set “to do” and “fix me” points within the code to quickly identify sections and resume development where developers left off.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts – Create customized keyboard shortcuts, modify existing shortcuts, and import/export keyboard bindings to access frequent actions in the IDE.
- Refactoring – Speed up CFML application development by automatically restructuring code when renaming a CFC, function, or variable.
For additional features, please visit www.adobe.com/go/cb2.
Pricing and Availability
ColdFusion Builder2 public beta is available today at www.adobe.com/go/cb2.